Ajay has 38 years of experience in sales & marketing, leadership development, training, organization development consulting, and executive coaching. He is passionate about helping people achieve their dreams and reach their potential. He began his sales career in Xerox, India and for 13 years worked in the sales and marketing of office automation products, computers, financial services, and education services. His last two corporate roles were at the Vice President level. He then set up and established his own training and leadership development consultancy and for about 10 years conducted management development programs and OD interventions with HP, Motorola, GE, Oracle, Infosys, Acer, Sharp, Timken, Philips Software, Wipro and many other global organizations in India.
Over the last 15 years, Ajay has focused on his executive coaching practice. He coaches senior leaders and teams in a variety of areas ranging from leadership and team development, managing transitions to cultural integration. In addition to executive coaching, he also conducts ICF(International Coach Federation) recognized ACTP / ACSTH coach training programs both nationally and internationally (Finland, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Japan, Qatar, Bangalore).
As a counsellor, he uses an eclectic, evidence-based, holistic approach that is person-centered. His approach integrates the best of emotion focused therapy (EFT), cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and psycho-education. In addition, he draws strongly from positive psychology, mindfulness work, and physical wellness. He believes that an individual’s family, social, spiritual and cultural context have a strong influence on his/her life, and these need to be taken into consideration in the counselling process. He is training to be a clinical counsellor, having completed the coursework for his PsyD (Doctor of Psychology, California Southern University) over the last 3 years (dissertation is pending).
About five years ago, his own journey into health and fitness led him to dropping about 25 kgs, which he had carried for most of his life. He’s been able to do this by applying principles of holistic health management, yoga, and functional fitness. And, this success has inspired him to support his executive coaching clients to integrate fitness and health into their coaching agenda, thus making him their health and wellness coach as well.
- PhD (Organizational Leadership) Northcentral University, USA, 2008
- MS (Human Performance Improvement) Capella University, USA, 2006
- MA (Biblical Studies) Trinity Seminary, USA, 2004
- BSc (Chemistry) Mumbai University, 1983
- PsyD (Doctor or Psychology, California Southern University – current learner)
Certifications in Professional Executive Coaching & Counseling
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF), USA
- Diploma in Coaching Supervision, Coach Supervision Academy (CSA), UK, 2013
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Level 1 & 2, Morphic Minds- an Albert Ellis Institute affiliated training center, India, 2015
- Emotion Focused Therapy Clinic, Level 1 & 2, York University, Canada, 2014
Certification & Training in Wellness
- NSCA CSCS certification program (current learner, expected completion date end 2022)
- ACE-CPT (Certified Professional Trainer, American Council on Exercise) 2021
- WCP (Wellness in Clinical Practice, National Wellness Institute, USA) 2014
- Nirvana Yoga Shala, Mysore, Hatha Yoga, 2018
- Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course , 2016
He is an avid podcaster. His channel Executive Coach Toolbox, has had over 30K downloads in the last couple of years. His podcasts are on team leadership, personal leadership, health and wellness.
Check out the width and depth of issues covered at http://coachtoolbox.podbean.com .
He is passionate about yoga and scuba diving.
Mobile: +91 98450 12972
Podcast channel: http://coachtoolbox.podbean.com